At two years old Polly:
- Is still waiting for four incisor teeth to pop through.
- Hates having her teeth cleaned.
- Hates having her hair washed/brushed.
- Hates having her nappy changed.
- Largely sleeps through the night (hooray!).
- Now sleeps with a big-girls’ duvet rather than a sleeping bag.
- Has just started having some daytime naps in her cot rather than her pram.
- Very infrequently needs the pram when out and about locally anymore.
- Will soon need to reduce/stop napping in the day as she is taking too long to nod off at night.
- Loves her milky.
- Doesn’t really have a sweet tooth, but loves fresh fruit and fruit pouches.
- Loves scrambled egg.
- Wears a size 5 shoe.
- Loves wearing her welly boots (even in mid summer!).
- Loves splashing in puddles.
- Is getting more and more verbal.
We found it really hard to decide what to get Polly for her birthday – being the second-born we already have too many toys and big things in our flat – but I really wanted to get her something special to call her own. In the end we opted for a little scooter, as she’s just recently started showing an interest in Tabitha’s. I’d always assumed we’d pass Tabitha’s onto Polly and replace hers with a bigger one, but I think it’ll be nice that Polly has a brand new one. We’ve had a birthday trip to the zoo at Battersea today, are going to see In the Night Garden Live on Saturday and seeing some of my family for a picnic on Sunday.
Happy 2nd birthday Polp-a-dolp!